Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) – 8th Edition
April 30 - May 1, 2020
8am - 4pm
Offered by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) this premier trauma nursing course is for nurses worldwide who are caring for trauma patients. Every second counts when stabilizing life-threatening trauma cases – prepare yourself by taking TNCC.
This course delivers the knowledge, critical thinking skills and hands-on training needed to keep trauma patients safe. The overall course objective is to improve trauma patient outcomes by providing nurses with foundational trauma knowledge, skills, and a systematic Trauma Nursing Process to guide trauma patient care.
After taking TNCC nurses will be able to systematically assess the trauma patient, to intervene and/or assist with interventions, and to provide evidence-based trauma nursing care within the context of the trauma team.
This course involves:
*Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations taught by expert trauma nurses
* Hands-on training using both an individual and team approach. Teaching scenarios and skill stations offer you the opportunity to practice trauma assessments and interventions in a controlled environment.
* Case-based online learning modules to let you learn at your own pace. *Note: online modules must be completed before the in-person class with no exceptions
* Evidence-based content developed by trauma experts. A comprehensive TNCC Provider Manual includes information on current trauma nursing standards and is a valuable resource for future references
* TNCC is designed for RNs working in an Emergency or with a trauma patient along the continuum of care
* LPN and other healthcare providers may audit the course but will not be certified as no written evaluation will be done
* Online modules must be completed prior to the first day of class
* Review and understand the information in the TNCC manual, using the A-J Systematic approach to assessment and prioritization
Course Details and Expectations:
* A 2 day intensive course. Lunch is not provided
* Students who do not complete the online pre-course modules will not be allowed to attend the in-person class portion
* On day 2 the students are tested in the Trauma Nursing Process assessment. One retake is allowed.
* At the completion of day 2 ENA will email students access to the electronic 50 question multiple choice exam that must be completed within 7 days. The exam is open book and timed.