Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
5th Edition – a Pediatric Nursing Course
April 4 & 5, 2019
September 24 & 25, 2019
January 29 & 30, 2020
Accurate assessment and emergency nursing care of a child with an acute illness or injury requires special knowledge and skills. The Emergency Nursing Association (ENA) Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course is designed to provide the pediatric knowledge and hands-on skills needed to care for pediatric patients in the emergency setting.
This 2 day course presents a systematic assessment model, integrates the associated anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, and identifies appropriate interventions.
ENPC is pediatric emergency nursing course written and taught by pediatric nurse experts.
This course involves:
* A 2 day intensive course taught by pediatric expert instructors with a ratio of approximately 1 faculty per four learners.
* Hands-on training using both an individual and team approach. Teaching scenarios offer you the opportunity to practice the systematic approach of the initial assessment in real-life scenarios.
* Case-based online learning offers learning to be done at one’s own pace. *Note: on-line modules must be completed before class with no exceptions
* Evidence-based content developed by pediatric emergency experts. A comprehensive Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course Provider Manual, includes information on common injuries and illnesses, with special emphasis on age and developmental stages
ENPC is designed for nurses working in an Emergency or Pediatric environment
* Online module work must be completed prior to the first day of class.
* Review and understand the information in the ENPC manual, using the A-I Systematic approach to assessment and prioritization.
Course Details and Expectations
* Approximate length of the course: 2 days. Lunch is not provided.
* Students who do not complete the pre-course modules will not be permitted to attend the in person course.
* At the completion of Day 2 Course Directors will enter skill station scores on the class roster to provide students with an access email to the online exam.
* Students must access the exam within one week from the class end date. The 50 item multiple choice exam is open book and timed.
* If the exam is not passed with an 80% on the first try, 1 retake will be allowed.